2012/11/03

Wriggle and "Art Block"

How cruel... I'm sorry, Wriggle...  ;3;

I've been trying hard to get out of a slump I've been in recently. I haven't been able to get much done in terms of drawing due to being in an "art block" state, but I think I'm over it now.





It got me thinking how I can suddenly fall into a state like this, even for no apparent reason sometimes, were I end up not wanting to draw anything, or try, then just give up quickly. One day, I went through some of my Youtube subscriptions and watched this video by Sycra: Breaking Through Artist's Block. I think this is pretty informative of the topic so I thought I'd share it. And maybe it can help others who are in the same boat.

I found it very interesting and it has changed the way I think about the things I draw a quite a bit. Such as why I feel like I'm not improving. And why I feel like something I think looks good when I finish drawing, but  then think it's terrible not long after. Actually, I don't think I've ever talked about my thoughts on my own art before, but generally, it's always quite negative, haha.

Anyway, I think I'm back on track with things so there will probably be more frequent posts here now, although I've scrapped a lot of drawings in the past few months... Oh well ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

New scraps and sketch dumps coming soon, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment